Reformer Innertube Cleaning Package
This is an industrial cleaning package for the internal cleaning of reformer tubes. During a catalyst exchange, the tubes must also be cleaned correctly, in order for the installation to function optimally. Carbonate deposits and other deposits on the inner walls of primary reformer and furnace heater tubes lead to an impairment of the plant operation. The cleaning can be carried out by using a rotary cleaning system with the appropriate brushes and/or cleaning tools.
Functionality of the Package
Mechanical tube cleaning is a very effective method. It is based on the use of a tube cleaning system, flexible shaft (various lengths) and brushes or harder cleaning tools. The tube cleaner powers a flexible shaft, which then rotates the brush in the tube. Because of the high-speed rotation of the brush in the tubes, friction is created. This friction ensures that the contamination is removed from the tube walls. The system is also easy to operate and does not require complex training.
- Tube Cleaning System: In this package you can choose between an AWT-100 and AWT-100X system. Both machines work on the basis of compressed air and have a variable speed of 500-3000 RPM. This allows you to increase the speed and/or result of the cleaning during operation by adjusting the speed. The AWT-100 is compact and has a motor power of 1 HP. The AWT-100X system is larger, is fixed on a heavy-duty dolly for easy transport and has a motor power of 4HP.
- Flexible Shafts: Flexible shafts are required to connect the machine and brush or cleaning tool. A flexible shaft can have a different diameter and/or length. This depends on the application to be cleaned. The standard shafts are extra strong and have a heat resistance up to 140 degrees Celsius.
- Brushes/Cleaning Tools: With this package you can use different brushes and tools. These are available separately and are therefore not included in the package. This is because the brushes and tools are available for various diameters.
- TCB-S = Stainless steel brushes.
- NAB = Nylon brushes with silicium carbide coating.
- Flex Hubs = Centrifugal tools with 3 blades which adapt to the tube diameter.
- Buffing Tools = Drillheads with centering middle part for opening blocked tubes.
Because these industrial packages are mostly used by heavy industrial contractors. We recommend combining this cleaning with sufficiently powerful extraction. Often a vacuum truck is chosen, that can immediately provide extraction during cleaning jobs.
Why invest in a Goodway system?
Goodway has been the market leader in innovative cleaning and maintenance equipment for over 50 years. Over the years, the products have become increasingly better and tailored to the wishes of the customer. Goodway equipment focuses on quality and service. As a result, we do not need focus on being the cheapest. Below you will find a number of arguments/USP's (unique selling points):
- Goodway systems are an investment that will last for a longer period of time. With proper maintenance of the system(s), they can last for years.
- Goodway offers a worldwide service network, so you can get service and/or spare parts for your device(s) anytime, anywhere.
- Goodway offers high-quality equipment that makes cleaning and maintenance work faster, smoother and safer.
- Goodway devices are often multi-purpose, allowing you to clean and maintain different systems/installations with the same equipment!
If you need further assistance, please contact our customer service to discuss the possibilities and options. You can of course always chat with our employees by starting the chat function at the bottom right of your screen!