Automatic tube cleaning
The RAM-5 tube cleaning system has been developed to automatically clean large quantities of heat exchanger tubes at high speed. Think (for example) of the condenser- and evaporator tubes of larger water-cooled chillers. The difference with other tube cleaning devices is that the RAM-5 uses the special ''speed-feed'' technology. In short, this means that the flexible shaft and cleaning brush are automatically fed through the tubes, eliminating manual feeding of the shaft. These innovative features, plus integrated water flush and industrial-strength construction, combine to clean tubes up to 4x faster than other rotary tube cleaners.
Applications and usage
The RAM-5 tube cleaning system is designed to remove light to medium type deposits from heat exchanger tubes. Think of: algae, sludge, mud and biological fouling (biofilm). The system can be used to clean tubes between 11 and 25,4 millimeters (7/16'' to 1''). The RAM-5 is especially interesting for the following systems/installations:
Think of systems from well-known suppliers and manufacturers, such as: Trane, York, Carrier, McQuay etc.
The RAM-5 tube cleaning system has many advantages over other tube cleaning systems. Below you will find a summary of the most important benefits.
- The RAM-5 system has an automatic cleaning functionality. It is therefore possible to clean tubes up to 4x faster than with other devices. A cleaning job of 4 hours can therefore be reduced to just 1 hour of work.
- Because the system cleans tubes automatically, much less effort and labor is required from the operator. With other tube cleaning devices, the flexible shaft and cleaning brush must be manually fed through the tubes.
- The RAM-5 system has a setting to adjust the brush rotation speed between 0 and 862,5 revolutions/minute. This offers an extra cleaning effect, especially for enhanced tubes.
- The RAM-5 system has a setting to adjust the feeding speed of the flexible shaft. At the highest setting, the flexible shaft will automatically be fed through the tubes at 0,9 meters/second.
- Motor power: 1 HP
- Maximum feeding rate of the flexible shaft is 0,9 meters/second
- Speed: 0-862,5 revolutions/minute (variable speed)
- Direction of rotation: bi-directional
- Water requirements: minimum 2 bar at 7,5 litres/minute
- Dimensions: 43 x 51 x 94 (length x width x height)
- Weight: 34 KG (75 lbs)