Shell and tube heat exchanger cleaning
Goodway Benelux supplies heat exchanger tube cleaning machines to remove fouling within the tubes of shell and tube heat exchangers in various industries and applications. The cleaning is performed by using rotating (nylon) brushes and tools to remove deposits from the tube wall. Because the brushes rotate at high speed, friction is created in the tubes. This friction causes the deposits to come loose. At the same time, the low-pressure water flow ensures that the fouling is flushed out of the tubes. This method is also known as mechanical cleaning of heat exchanger tubes.
Another method is to shoot special projectiles through tubes at low pressure. Low-pressure cleaning with projectiles is one of the fastest methods to clean the tubes of (larger) shell-and-tube heat exchangers and surface condensers. The equipment is simple and safe to use. A propulsion system shoots special projectiles through the tubes within seconds. These projectiles remove deposits from the tube wall by scraping it off.
Heat exchanger tube cleaning
Goodway heat exchanger tube cleaning machines are specifically designed to be easy-to-use by plant personnel and engineers in various industries. Shell and tube heat exchangers are used in many different (industrial) processes. A common problem is deposits build-up over time in the tubes. This fouling decreases the heat transfer and thus the efficiency of the heat exchanger. Furthermore, it can lead to future leaks due to under deposits corrosion. A mechanical cleaning with Goodway equipment offers a safe and effective way to remove deposits.
Heat exchanger tube cleaning machines
Goodway Benelux supplies several types of systems for the mechanical cleaning of shell and tube heat exchangers. Depending on various factors, such as tube count, diameter, length, and expected deposits, one of the heat exchanger tube cleaning machines will be the best match. Some of the heat exchanger tube cleaning machines have been listed below:
- RAM-4: easily maneuverable system with wheels that can be used for cleaning heat exchanger tubes. Can be used in virtually any industry. Has a fixed speed at which the brush rotates. Electrical powered at 220V, 50 or 60Hz.
- RAM-4X: easily maneuverable system with wheels that can be used for cleaning heat exchanger tubes. Can be used in virtually any industry. Has a fixed speed at which the brush rotates which is twice as high as the normal RAM-4 tube cleaner. Electrical powered at 220V, 50 or 60Hz.
- AWT-100X: goodway's most powerful air-powered heat exchanger tube cleaning machine. Can be used for various tube cleaning applications, with or without water. Has a variable speed at which the brush rotates. Often used for heat exchanger tube cleaning.
Improve heat exchanger efficiency
Shell and tube heat exchangers have tubes that become fouled over time with deposits such as algae, slime, biological fouling, and scale build-up. A fouled heat exchanger will be less efficient and decrease in output. In addition, the lifespan of the installation and components can be shortened by keeping it in a fouled condition. Tube cleaning with rotating brushes is a very effective way to remove the deposits in a safe and efficient way. In most cases, the nylon brushes will have sufficient cleaning effect to remove all deposit build-up. Depending on the amount of tubes in the heat exchanger, different tube cleaning machines can be chosen.
By preventively cleaning tubes with Goodway heat exchanger tube cleaning machines, the following advantages and benefits can be achieved:
- Optimal efficiency levels due to increased heat transfer
- Longer lifetime of tubes due to a cleaner environment