Cheaper somewhere else?
Let us know!+31 183 216 170 [email protected]
CTV-1501 Cooling Tower Waterbasin Vacuum
The CTV-1501 system has been specifically designed to clean the waterbasin or central collection/distribution tank of cooling tower(s). Without the cooling tower having to be switched off or be completely emptied.
Cooling Tower Waterbasin Cleaning System
The CTV-1501 system is specifically designed for cleaning water basins and/or central collection/distribution tanks of cooling tower(s). The water vacuum makes it possible to clean the water basin during operation, without having to drain it completely - thus without shutdown.
Even if water treatment is in place, there will still be contamination on the bottom of the basin/tank. This fouling has a negative effect on both the efficiency and the hygienic aspect of the cooling tower(s).
Applications for Cooling Towers
The CTV-1501 is especially interesting to use for the following parts of a cooling tower:
- Central Collection/Distribution Tanks of multiple cooling towers
Think of towers/systems from well-known suppliers and manufacturers, such as: Baltimore Aircoil Company (BAC), EVAPCO, Kelvion etc.
Operation of the System
The CTV-1501 system works simply, but effectively. The water vacuum can be used manually to clean all parts and corners of the water basin / tank. As soon as the water is vacuumed, the deposits/fouling will automatically be included. The advantage of this method is that the basin / tank does not have to be completely emptied/drained first - this saves a lot of time and costs.
Once the system has vacuumed the water including its deposits, all liquids will be disposed off through a hose. This can be done directly into the sewer or in another way, in accordance with local regulations for the disposal of liquids. The average water loss during cleaning with the CTV-1501 system is roughly 10%.
Some types of deposits that are removed by using the CTV-1501 system are:
- Bacteria, including legionella.
- Other microorganisms including slime.
- Algae, mud and sand.
Advantages of cleaning water basins/tanks
Cleaning the water basins and/or central collection tanks of cooling towers is a very important part of the total cleaning and maintenance activities. When a water basin / tank is dirty, it can lead to inefficiency and poor hygiene. Some examples:
- Deposits/fouling enters the chiller/heat exchanger tubes - causing reduced heat-transfer.
- Deposits/fouling in the water basin/tank offer perfect breeding circumstances for micro-organisms such as legionella.
- Deposited water can cause further fouling of the cooling tower, think of parts like the packing, fill and drift separators.
|Motor power:||1,5 HP (1,1 kW)|
|Construction:||Stainless steel construction - long lifetime|
|Waterloss during cleaning:||+- 10%|
|Waterloss incl. CTV-F2 filter system;||+- 0%|
|Water displacement in liters:||189 liter/minute (50 GPM) - adjustable|
|Static water lift:||7,6 meter (25')|
|Certifications:||CE / ARBO (VA) / NEN3140|
|Accessories:||Advised accessory package ''CTV-KIT-1501''|
|Dimensions (cm) + weight:||90 x 55 x 55 (Length x Width x Height) - 57 KG (125 lbs)|
Why invest in a Goodway system?
Goodway has been the market leader in innovative cleaning and maintenance equipment for over 50 years. Over the years, the products have become increasingly better and tailored to the wishes of the customer. Goodway equipment focuses on quality and service. As a result, we do not need focus on being the cheapest. Below you will find a number of arguments/USP's (unique selling points):
- Goodway systems are an investment that will last for a longer period of time. With proper maintenance of the system(s), they can last for years.
- Goodway offers a worldwide service network, so you can get service and/or spare parts for your device(s) anytime, anywhere.
- Goodway offers high-quality equipment that makes cleaning and maintenance work faster, smoother and safer.
- Goodway devices are often multi-purpose, allowing you to clean and maintain different systems/installations with the same equipment!
If you need further assistance, please contact our customer service to discuss the possibilities and options. You can of course always chat with our employees by starting the chat function at the bottom right of your screen!
Let us help!
Read or write a review
|Perfect for cleaning waterbasins and central collection/distribution tanks|
|Cooling towers can remain operational during cleaning|
|It is not required to drain the entire water contents|
|Powerful water displacement of 189 liters/minute|
|0% water loss during cleaning when combined with a CTV-F2 filter system|