Complete package for chemical cleaning
The Goodway GDS-C40 is a small and compact descaling pump system, designed to circulate volumes of up to 250 litres. The system is mainly used to clean and descale smaller installations, such as heat exchangers, by means of a CIP (clean-in-place) procedure. This system is often used in the maritime industry for cleaning heat exchangers in tight, compact engine rooms. The GDS-C40 is self-priming and has a polyethylene, acid resistant tank for maximum safety and ease of use. The GDS-C40 cleaning package is available in the following versions:
- GDS-C40 descaling pump system + 6x 20 liters of Scalebreak-MP descaler and accessories.
- GDS-C40 descaling pump system + 12x 20 liters of Scalebreak-MP descaler and accessories.
- GDS-C40 descaling pump system + 24x 20 liters of Scalebreak-MP descaler and accessories.
Applications and usage
The GDS-C40 descaling pump system is mainly used to clean and descale smaller installations (heat exchangers). Common deposits such as limescale, rust and biological deposits can be easily removed by using Goodway's Scalebreak-MP industrial descaler. Examples of installations that can be cleaned with the GDS-C40 are:
Think of systems from well-known suppliers and manufacturers, such as: Trane, York, SWEP, Carrier, Multistack, McQuay etc.
Flow reversal valve
During the descaling process, limescale dissolves and creates foam and gas, a barrier to further scale reduction. Using the Flow Reversal Valve allows the foam and gas to discharge into the tank, eliminating the barrier effect and speeding up the descaling process. With standard pumps the hoses have to be converted to reverse the flow, with the GDS-C40 and GDS-C92 descaling pump systems you only have to turn the valve to instantly reverse the flow.
With most cleaning technologies it is necessary to partially or completely disassemble the plate heat exchanger. Especially when disassembling plates, this can take quite some time and cause further complications such as leakages due to plates being reassembled incorrectly after the cleaning procedure.
In most cases, a preventive CIP cleaning and maintenance program can offer a great solution. CIP basically means that the plate heat exchangers require as little disassembly as possible, before the cleaning can start. The system can remain on site and the plate pack can also stay compressed. Read the full blog about cleaning-in-place here (reading time approx. 5 minutes)
- Polyethylene, acid-resistant 37,8 liter tank
- Self-priming centrifugal pump with a flow rate of 56,7 litres/minute
- Can be used for volumes of up to 250 litres
- Motor power of 0,5 HP
- Includes flow reversal valve
- Maximum temperature resistance up to 50°C
- Dimensions 44 x 38 x 68 centimeters (length x width x height)
- Weight 16,8 KG (37 lbs)
Scope of supply GDS-C40
The following accessories are included with a purchase of a GDS-C40 system:
- 1x GDS-C40 descaling pump system
- 2x 3 meter circulation hoses 16mm (reinforced PCV) - 3/4'' BSP x 16mm couplings