Detecting Leakages in Tubes
The VAC-1000 Vacuum Leak Detector System is a simple, but very effective device made to detect leaks in tubes within seconds. This is because the device allows you to (quickly) create a vacuum in the tube. After that, it is only necessary to monitor the gauge. When the vacuum disappears you will know that there is a leak.
With the VAC-1000 Vacuum Leak Detection Package you can test different types of tubes ranging from 6,3 to 76,2 millimeters (O.D.). Regardless of the shape, length or curves.
Using the VAC-1000
The Vacuum Leak Detection System is very easy to use. The device is inserted by means of a conical nozzle at either side of the tube. On the other side, a T-piece with an identical, but closed nozzle must also be inserted. This completely seals the tube. Powered by compressed air, the vacuum leak detector pulls a vacuum in the tube to a desired reading on a gauge. A steady reading on the gauge would indicate that the tube doesn’t leak. If the reading on the gauge drops you have pinpointed the leaking tube.
The VAC-1000 device therefore only indicates whether there is a leak, not where it is located.
Applications within the industry
The VAC-1000 device is a very universal product that can be used for almost all types of tubes, pipes or hoses that fit within the diameter range (6,3 - 76,2 mm O.D.). Below are some examples of industrial and commercial (HVAC) applications.
The VAC-1000 device is especially interesting for the maritime industry on board of passenger vessels and other types of crafts.
The VAC-1000 Vacuum Leak Detection Package comes with:
- Compact, portable case.
- 1x VAC-1000 device.
- 1x T-piece for closing the tube.
- 4x sets of different nozzles for 6,3 - 76,2 mm O.D. (1 open and 1 closed).
- Built-in easy to read vacuum gauge.
- Muffled exhaust for quiet operation.
- Complete package for tubes with outer diameters of 6,3 - 76,2 millimeters.
- Requires 90 PSI (6,2 bar) compressed air.
- Air consumption: 26 C.F.M. (720 l/min).
- Carrying case measures: 16” x 12” x 4” (410 x 300 x 85 mm).
- Weight VAC-1000: 4,4 lbs (1,2 kg).
- Weight total package: 6,6 lbs (3,0 kg).
The following nozzles are supplied as standard in the complete package:
- 2x K-1002 = 1/4” (6,3 mm) - 3/4” (19 mm).
- 2x K-1003 = 5/8” (15,9 mm) - 1 1/4” (31,7 mm).
- 2x K-1004 = 1-1/8” (28,6 mm)- 2” (50,8 mm).
- 2x K-1005 = 1-7/8” (47,6 mm) - 3” (76,2 mm).
If you need further assistance, please contact our customer service to discuss the possibilities and options. You can of course always chat with our employees by starting the chat function at the bottom right of your screen!